Clubs & Courses
Southland R.C.Clubs & Courses Index
The Southland Racing Club races five times a year at Ascot Park (Invercargill). Invercargill is within easy travelling distance of some beautiful scenery in the Catlins, Fiordland and Stewart Island. So, if you feel like combining some racing action with other tourist attractions, Invercargill is a perfect destination.
Gallop South Membership: $99.00 ($49 for under 35s). Includes:
- A Membership card providing admission to all race meetings in Otago and Southland and access to the member’s only facilities.
- Opportunity to acquire up to 4 additional guest members passes for any Otago and Southland Meeting.
- FREE race books on presentation of card
- Voting rights at one nominated club
- Regular members newsletters or e-letters
- Free access to the member’s only marquee on Melbourne cup day at Wingatui racecourse.
- 10% discount off race day hospitality packages
- Reciprocal rights at most New Zealand Clubs
For more details and details on how to apply, visit www.gallopsouth.co.nz
Invercargill Gold Cup Day - February
If you enjoyed Invercargill’s famous Christmas at the races in December then mark down February on your calendar for your next work or social function. Featuring the Dunedin Casino Invercargill Gold Cup race this day will include great on-course entertainment and a marquee village - a day not to be missed, “it’ll be GOLD!”
December - Ascot Park Christmas at the Races
Ascot Park will once again play host to the masses as they celebrate Christmas. This annual event is becoming a quite famous in Southland as one of the best social days out on the calendar. The terrific racing action combined with the superb entertainment and the park-like setting is the perfect combination for a fantastic festive party. Book in so you can enjoy the fabulous atmosphere and excitement at this supersized southland party from a prime spot on-course!