Clubs & Courses
Wairio J.C.Clubs & Courses Index
Racing only once a year at the Winton Racecourse, Wairio Jockey Club was established in 1885 and is based in Invercargill. It is within easy travelling distance of some beautiful scenery in the Catlins, Fiordland and Steward Island. So, if you feel like combining some racing action with other tourist attractions, Invercargill is a perfect destination.
Gallop South Membership: $99.00 ($49 for under 35s). Includes:
- A Membership card providing admission to all race meetings in Otago and Southland and access to the member’s only facilities.
- Opportunity to acquire up to 4 additional guest members passes for any Otago and Southland Meeting.
- FREE race books on presentation of card
- Voting rights at one nominated club
- Regular members newsletters or e-letters
- Free access to the member’s only marquee on Melbourne cup day at Wingatui racecourse.
- 10% discount off race day hospitality packages
- Reciprocal rights at most New Zealand Clubs
For more details and details on how to apply, visit www.gallopsouth.co.nz
Wairio Races - May 2014
Wairio JC stages a popular meeting at Winton Racecourse with the feature race being the Wairio Cup