1. Who’s the one person you’d invite for dinner:
Gordon Ramsey, and I would let him cook
2. How did you get involved in racing
Attended Riccarton Races from young age, preschool. Loved the atmosphere.
3. If you hadn’t been in racing what would you have done
4. Greatest dislikes
Jockeys that make excuses, I know them all.
5. Event in the world you’d like to attend
Singapore International Night with starter in each main race.
6. Where in the world would you like to visit
7. Greatest place you’ve visited
8. What do you enjoy outside racing
Family, couch, TV sports
9. Childhood hero
Stuart Jones (NZ’s best amateur golfer who I caddied for many years)
10. Best thing about racing
Winning races for good people.
11. Favourite horse(s
Coup Align, Just Tommy, Milo, Jack Frost really helped us to get started.
12. Best race you’ve seen
Vo Rogue Australian Cup win.
13. Biggest thrill in racing
Toss up Coup Align and So Elusive winning at Cranbourne on their Cup Day, Just Tommy (Canterbury Cup Sydney), winning 7 races in a day, including trifecta Listed Riverton Cup, Final Reality/Benelli quinella in Coupland’s Mile, winning two NZ Trainers Premierships.
14. What changes would you like to see in racing
Less management, better stakes, consistent handicapping.
15. Most admired person in racing
Ray Coupland, has done plenty for South Island racing. Ray Harris who trained my first horse and made it enjoyable.
16. Best advice you’ve been given
80/20 rule of life, applies to everything. Purchase a book called ‘The Secret’.