Clubs & Courses
Kurow J.C.Clubs & Courses Index
The Kurow Jockey Club races once a year at the Kurow Racecourse. Kurow is situated on the south bank of the Waitaki River in North Otago. If you have a passion for fishing as well as racing, then this is the perfect place to visit with plenty of salmon and trout fishing nearby. Like many 'one-day' Clubs they rely on voluntary labour and the goodwill of the community to bring their venue up to a high level for their annual race meeting. Comments from trainers and jockeys are always very praising of the facilities, which are being slowly improved.
Gallop South Membership: $99.00 ($49 for under 35s). Includes:
- A Membership card providing admission to all race meetings in Otago and Southland and access to the member’s only facilities.
- Opportunity to acquire up to 4 additional guest members passes for any Otago and Southland Meeting.
- FREE race books on presentation of card
- Voting rights at one nominated club
- Regular members newsletters or e-letters
- Free access to the member’s only marquee on Melbourne cup day at Wingatui racecourse.
- 10% discount off race day hospitality packages
- Reciprocal rights at most New Zealand Clubs
For more details and details on how to apply, visit www.gallopsouth.co.nz
December - Interislander Summer Festival Kurow Races
Head along to the beautiful Waitaki Valley for a picnic day in the sun at the Interislander Summer Festival Kurow Races. Children’s entertainment is free which includes Kids Go Racing, magician, fashion in the field and lots more. Enjoy local wines, live music, great racing and fun for all.