Clubs & Courses
Otago R.C.Clubs & Courses Index
The Club was first established in 1862 and moved to its present location of Wingatui in 1899. Whilst the majority of their race meetings are held at Wingatui the club does take one meeting each year to Central Otago for one of the largest Christmas parties in Central Otago. Wingatui is the strategic racing and training centre in the Otago region and was awarded its first Premier meeting license in 2007.
Otago Racing Club - Membership
Otago Racing Club membership runs from the 1st of August until the 31st of July in line with the New Zealand Racing Calendar.
As a member of the club you will receive:
- 2 x membership cards (includes entry to all Otago Racing Club meetings at Wingatui and Cromwell)
- Race book on each race day
- 10% discount to all race day functions at Wingatui and Cromwell
- Access to the members’ car park at Wingatui on race days
- Exclusive members only bar at designated race meetings
- Monthly online supporter newsletters
- Reciprocal members’ rights at racing clubs around the country
Cost of membership: $80 (incl GST)
December - Cromwell Christmas at the Races
Otago Racing Club will once again host the ultimate central Otago Christmas celebration! There is plenty to keep you entertained throughout the day including fashion in the field, live entertainment and a visit from the man in red himself! Located at one of the most beautiful and scenic racecourses in New Zealand your group won't be disappointed!