Clubs & Courses
Riverton R.C.Clubs & Courses Index
Early records show racing in the area started in 1861. Riverton Race Club stages its meetings at Riverton Racecourse, situated an easy 25 minutes drive south west of Invercargill and races four times a year. The track is spacious with a long finishing straight which enables all runners to have an even chance. The local area has fine cafes and bars, access to sea fishing through charter boats and local fishermen, trout fishing on the Aparima River that flows through the town, picturesque scenery, native bush walks and is the oldest European settlement in New Zealand. Accommodation is available through Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, Motels and a Camping Ground.
Gallop South Membership: $99.00 ($49 for under 35s). Includes:
- A Membership card providing admission to all race meetings in Otago and Southland and access to the member’s only facilities.
- Opportunity to acquire up to 4 additional guest members passes for any Otago and Southland Meeting.
- FREE race books on presentation of card
- Voting rights at one nominated club
- Regular members newsletters or e-letters
- Free access to the member’s only marquee on Melbourne cup day at Wingatui racecourse.
- 10% discount off race day hospitality packages
- Reciprocal rights at most New Zealand Clubs
For more details and details on how to apply, visit www.gallopsouth.co.nz
|Date||Course||Meeting Name/Type||No meetings found.|
Famous Riverton Easter Races – April
This meeting forms part of the famous Easter Carnival which is nationally recognised as one of the highlights of the racing season in the South Island.
Fillies & Mares 1600m
Gallop South Derby
PGG Wrightson Southern Champion Hack
Mini Marquees - $350 per package
Private Marquee sites available
Call 03 2348 614 for further details.